Sunday, January 3, 2010

Farm Chores



Farm chores start early. Which isn't too bad when the sky is on fire. The sky is the number one reason I do morning chores for my my wife and daughter. They get to sleep in. I get to see the sunrise (and sometimes the stars and moon).





It is more challenging when the sky is gray and the fog hovers low over the back pasture. Still, the animals need to eat.






Cows need to eat early so they can ruminate (chew their cud) during the day. This is Tia, a Scottish Highland Cow. She and her sister, Tara, are going to have babies this spring.












This is a picture of our riding arena. A few weeks ago it had so much water in it the ducks went swimming! Then the weather turned very cold and dry leaving this icy art. I noticed the ice while I was doing chores. The best part of morning chores is finding surprising beauties.

2 comments: